Osaki OS-4000 is the most popular model of the brand and one of the best massage chairs overall. It’s popular is gained on the benefits it provides with its wonderful massage. It comes with innovative features that offer relaxation and relief to your body. Read along our Osaki OS-4000 massage chair review to see where it stands against competitors.
Osaki OS-4000 features 48 extensive air bags. Their various sizes cushion your entire body. The multiple air bags make the massage technique very close to the massage done by human hands. They are strategically placed to pressure certain points and enhance the massage experience.
There are 10 air bags fitted to hug the feet, 10 for calves, 3 cushion the seat, 2 hug the back, 2 for shoulders, 3 in the neck and another 3 in the hips.
So the airbags hug your body almost from head to toe, giving you a full body massage.
Osaki OS-4000 offers 5 pressure settings, so you can intensify the massage experience to your personal preference.
The chair also equips advanced kneading and rollers mechanisms. The Osaki massage technology mimics human hands of a professional massage therapist. They grasp and knead, while focusing on specific problem areas.
Osaki has developed a 30-inch roller, so its stroke has the span of the entire length of the person’s back. The rollers start from the base of your neck and reach all the way down to your lumbar area.
The rollers are made of extra soft material and mimic the feel of the human thumb. There are two modes, medium and narrow, so you can adjust the width of the rollers to suit your needs.
One of the favorite features on this chair of most users is the body scan technology. The chair is equipped with sensors that scans your body and automatically adjusts the chair for a more customized massage for each individual.
The adjustments include adjustment of the rollers to match your body’s curves and adjustment of the chair’s height and width. So it perfectly fits the body of the user and ensures that you are comfortable and that the rollers don’t miss any of the parts.
Osaki OS-4000 features an ergonomic design of the seat that is developed to follow the spine’s S-curve. It works together with the body scan and using the body scan information focuses on problem areas, like the neck, shoulders and lumbar regions. So the body scan also customizes the massage to your needs.
The position of the seat provides support to you neck, back and lumbar area. It also increases the effectiveness of the massage.
Zero gravity technology was developed by NASA, but later was also adopted in many applications. One of them is the massage chair. The zero gravity feature allows to recline the chair to a degree, where you feet will be on the same with your heart.
This position of complete weightlessness is considered to be the most suitable body posture for a massage therapy. Its benefits include displacing pressure across the body, increase of circulation and reduction of strain on the vertebrae. So it relieves discomfort of the back pain, gives you pressure relief from the spine and less pressure on the heart, and relaxation of the back and neck
Moreover, Osaki OS-4000 offers 2 settings of zero gravity, so you can recline to perfect spot with just a push of a button.
4 Massage Functions
- Kneading: circular motions of the rollers. Helps to eliminate tense muscle tissue and knots.
- Rolling: a fluid motion that mimics human hands of sliding or pressing up and down the spine. The technique used for warming and awakening the muscles. Mostly used at the beginning or end of the massage.
- Clapping: a roller works on muscular tissue by creating the feeling of palm patting. The technique eases muscular pain.
- Tapping: the rollers create a feeling of fingers tapping along the length of the user’s spine. Tapping helps to eliminate headaches and tension at the back of the person’s neck and head.
Massage Styles and Presets
- 5 massage styles: Swedish, Shiatsu, pulse mode, vibration and air bag massage.
- Targeting 3 different massage groups: back and lumber, neck and shoulders, and lower body massage.
- 5 massage groups: Relax, Healthcare, Therapy, Circulation and Smart.
Leg Extension with Feet and Calves Massage
Osaki OS-4000 includes a leg rest that also has a sensor for scanning and providing a comfortable fit. For taller people it can also be extended. The massage for soles and calves target acupressure points and reduces tension. The pain is reduced by the rollers’ kneading and the circulation is increased by the airbags.
During each session the chair also gives the option of heat therapy for the lumber area. It’s also a good way to ease the pain and calm the tension. It softens and relaxes the back muscles, enhancing your overall well being.
You can control the settings of the Osaki OS-4000 with the included wireless remote and the control panel on the chair. They are easy to use, so you can easily adjust it to your needs.
Another benefit of this massage chair is the warranty. With the 3-year warranty Osaki really shows that it stand behind its quality. It also covers the chair both in home and commercial settings.
- Zero gravity for massage in weightless position.
- 30-inch roller stroke.
- 48 airbags that cushion almost every part of your body.
- Body scan that will make sure that you get the most customized massage for your body.
- 5 levels of speed and intensity.
- S-Track will make sure that your most problem areas get massaged.
- As most of this level massage chairs, it’s not a small unit, so you will need some room to for it.
Considering all its features and quality, Osaki OS-4000 is one of the most competitive massage chairs. It’s not a cheap chair, but the investment is well worth the money. Your body and health will greatly benefit from it. Its quality and warranty ensure that you will be able to enjoy the benefits of the chair for years to come. We hope that with our Osaki OS-4000 massage chair review you will find the information needed to understand if it’s the right chair for your needs.